@ Uncouth Reflections
- Our NSFW Tumblr blog
- A Kipling for Our Times | Will S.' Sunny Side Blog on A Kipling for Our Times
- Will S. on A Kipling for Our Times
- Glynn Marshes on omg…it’s a twitter essay!
- Will S. on omg…it’s a twitter essay!
- FredR on omg…it’s a twitter essay!
- Culture42Gal on A Week With Ned Corman: Day Two
- A Week With Ned Corman: Day Two | Uncouth Reflections on A Week With Ned Corman: Day One
- Notes on “Every-Night Dreams” | Uncouth Reflections on “Untamed”
- MusicLover167 on A Week With Ned Corman: Day One
- amac78 on A Week With Ned Corman: Day One
- Will S. on Art Du Jour
- Will S. on Village Du Jour
- Will S. on Showtune Saturday: “Dentist”
- ironrailsironweights on Village Du Jour
- Fabrizio del Wrongo on Movie Poster Du Jour: “1941”
Monthly Archives: September 2012
Blowhard, Esq. writes: In a recent NYT interview of Michael Chabon for the Book section, the following exchange took place: You can suggest three books to a literary snob who believes genre fiction has no merit. What’s on the list? … Continue reading
Blowhard, Esq. writes: Back here, Paleo Retiree contrasted the asshole bicycle culture of the United States versus the more civilized one in Berlin. This got me thinking about the city I work in, which as I mentioned in the comments, … Continue reading
Blowhard, Esq. writes: OK, so it’s more like a Material We Love, but you catch my drift. This is a combo fire and police station in Belmont Shore, CA. I know this marks me as a fascist, but I’ll brick over … Continue reading
Fenster writes: Which of these colleges courses is bogus? 1. Lady Gaga and the Sociology of Fame – U. of South Carolina, Columbia 2. The Phallus – Occidental 3. Joy of Garbage – Santa Clara 4. Harry Potter: Finding Your Patronus – Oregon State … Continue reading
The Question Lady writes: What’s the worst TV ad you’ve ever seen?
Fabrizio del Wrongo writes: Please feel free to add your own. 1. The names: Chance, Dude, Stumpy, Colorado, Feathers. 2. The bit where Chance kisses Stumpy on the head, then runs out the door like a little kid who’s just stolen … Continue reading
epiminondas writes: This is one of the best speeches Peter Schiff has ever given. I’ve always been impressed with Schiff because of his ability to simplify political and bureaucratic bullshit that passes for thinking in the business media. This is the … Continue reading
Fabrizio del Wrongo writes: Sometimes I’m not sure what a television ad is trying to sell me. Oh, I know what the product being advertised is, more or less. It’s the experience the ad is attempting to associate with the … Continue reading