@ Uncouth Reflections
- Our NSFW Tumblr blog
- oy on Ten Words That Sound Yiddish, But Aren’t
- Fenster on Ten Words That Sound Yiddish, But Aren’t
- Blowhard, Esq. on Ten Words That Sound Yiddish, But Aren’t
- slumlord on Passing Thoughts on the High Line
- Blowhard, Esq. on L.A. Burrito Blogging Part 2: La Azteca Tortilleria
- Manolo The Shoeblogger on L.A. Burrito Blogging Part 2: La Azteca Tortilleria
- Manolo The Shoeblogger on Political Post Du Jour
- Eddie Pensier on Passing Thoughts on the High Line
- Fabrizio del Wrongo on Political Post Du Jour
- Fabrizio del Wrongo on Passing Thoughts on the High Line
- Interview With Alexis Texas By Naked News Famous Chicks on Naked Lady of the Week: Alexis Texas
- Callowman on L.A. Burrito Blogging Part 2: La Azteca Tortilleria
- Blowhard, Esq. on The Camera Loves…
- tenneby on Political Post Du Jour
- Blowhard, Esq. on Passing Thoughts on the High Line
Monthly Archives: October 2012
Fenster writes: What is it? Hubble image? Detail of painting by Redon? Chimpanzee art? Painting by a schizophrenic? Fan mail from a Flounder? None of the above?
Fenster writes: 1. “So Many People” I am at a meeting with a senior official of the provincial education department. We are discussing the state role in higher education. Today, I am more reliant than ever on my translator since … Continue reading
The Question Lady writes: As Sandy approaches, I wonder: What’s the worst weather you’ve ever been in?
Fenster writes: When I had not yet begun to study Zen thirty years ago, I thought that mountains are mountains and waters are waters. Later when I studied personally with my master, I entered realization and understood that mountains are … Continue reading
The Question Lady writes: When you’re tired but have something you really need/want to do, what’s the best strategy you’ve hit on to revive your energy?
Fabrizio del Wrongo writes: In the 1951 “Juliette” Marcel Carne attempts to evoke Cocteau but mostly succeeds in calling attention to his unCocteauness. The movie is gauche where it needs to be lyrical, deliberate where it needs to be suggestive. … Continue reading
The Question Lady writes: What’s your favorite tv genre? Me, I love true crime, total addict. I have forced Paleo Retiree to watch hundreds of true crime shows with me.
Paleo Retiree writes: A truly oddball 2007 Japanese “pink” movie from director Shinji Imaoka, who also made “Underwater Love,” another memorably peculiar entertainment. It’s a slow-moving, low-budget and quickly-shot, ultra-lowkey kitchen-sink-type drama (with some touches of whimsy) about a pair … Continue reading
Blowhard, Esq. writes: I dedicate this song to The Question Lady, who turns 23 today.