Blowhard, Esq. writes:
1. Ahhh, the old peanut butter and dog story. A staple of suburban folklore.
2. Doesn’t that mousy female CO, Fischer, look a lot like Kate Micucci from Garfunkel and Oates?
3. I really like Healy’s arc. He started out as the good guy and slowly changed into Chapman’s nemesis. Didn’t realize that Michael Harney was in TRUE DETECTIVE.
4. Litchfield is a federal prison, right? I don’t know how any prison system works, but it’s weird how the warden — at least the person with that title — has never appeared on screen. Instead, Natalie is the de facto head of the prison.
5. We got the funny scene with Larry and his father at the gay bath house (“It was a Groupon”) thereby providing some man-on-man action and full-frontal male nudity. Hope you enjoyed it, ladies!
6. “I made her come vaginally, do you know how hard that is to do?”
8. Liked all the shots of Polly’s boobs, too.
9. This is the second episode in a row where shitting was a significant plot point. I have to think the writers are doing that intentionally, i.e. people crapping — and especially women crapping — is not something that’s dealt with in TV much so they’re bringing it into the foreground.
10. Good Lord, Pennsatucky’s pre-dental work teeth were gross. Hats off to the makeup people.
11. Is it racist for me to say the black characters are my favorite?