- And the colour! And the jolly quiet of the place!
- Superheroes in Therapy
- Grammar Catastrophe Du Jour
- “Va, Pensiero” Five Ways
- Architecture Du Jour
- Tonight . . . Let it be Middlebrau
- How Well Do You Know Your Shit?
- “Rise: Blood Hunter”
- Uninhibited Sexy Fun? Or the End of All Good Things?
- speaking of architecture…
- Superheroes in Therapy | Uncouth Reflections on Fanservice
- Superheroes in Therapy | Uncouth Reflections on Meanwhile, Back at Stately Wayne Manor…
- Blowhard, Esq. on Tasmanian Devil
- epiminondas on Tasmanian Devil
- epiminondas on How Well Do You Know Your Shit?
- Glynn Marshes on Architecture Du Jour
- Architecture Du Jour | Uncouth Reflections on speaking of architecture…
- howlinsteve on Uninhibited Sexy Fun? Or the End of All Good Things?
- Gavin Bledsoe on Tonight . . . Let it be Middlebrau
- Callowman on Was Ayn Rand Secretly a Statist?
- Tonight . . . Let it be Middlebrau | Uncouth Reflections on Sic Transit Gloria Mundi, OR Simiae est Insanissimae Populos
- ironrailsironweights on How Well Do You Know Your Shit?
- agnostic on Uninhibited Sexy Fun? Or the End of All Good Things?
- Toddy Cat on Movie Still Du Jour
- Toddy Cat on How Well Do You Know Your Shit?
Category Archives: Architecture
Blowhard, Esq. writes: Speaking of Cuba, please enjoy this gallery of Cuban interiors by the photographer Michael Eastman. Click on the images to enlarge. There’s more of Eastman’s photographs of Cuba here and here.
Glynn Marshes writes: You guys following the articles on Havana by Michael Totten? From The Once Great City of Havana: Yet the bones of Cuba’s capital are unmatched in our hemisphere. “The Cubans of successive centuries created a harmonious architectural … Continue reading
Paleo Retiree writes: Walking around the hipster downtown neighborhood of the Lower East Side the other evening, I ran across a construction site. Here’s a pic of what’s going up: For context’s sake — and, where architecture and urbanism go, … Continue reading
Blowhard, Esq. writes: Click on the image to enlarge. Greta Garbo in THE KISS. Production design by Cedric Gibbons.
Blowhard, Esq. writes: If you absolutely must build something of glass and steel, this is the model you should be following. Click on the image to enlarge. London’s Crystal Palace, built in 1854 and destroyed by a fire in 1936.
Blowhard, Esq. writes: Click on the image to enlarge. The Midland Grand Hotel at St. Pancras Railway Station in London, completed in 1873. Designed by George Gilbert Scott who said, “It is possibly too good for its purpose.”
Blowhard, Esq. writes: Click on the image to enlarge. The mid-13th century stained glass windows of Sainte-Chapelle in Paris, France.
Blowhard, Esq. writes: OK, so how much of my trad architecture cred do I lose by saying that I love this Jetsons-Googie-Jet Age-swoopy-blobby work? Has SHAG ever had an art show here? If not, why not? First, a few shots of … Continue reading
Atypical Neurotic writes: A chilly, cloudy afternoon in Oslo.