@ Uncouth Reflections
- Our NSFW Tumblr blog
- A Kipling for Our Times | Will S.' Sunny Side Blog on A Kipling for Our Times
- Will S. on A Kipling for Our Times
- Glynn Marshes on omg…it’s a twitter essay!
- Will S. on omg…it’s a twitter essay!
- FredR on omg…it’s a twitter essay!
- Culture42Gal on A Week With Ned Corman: Day Two
- A Week With Ned Corman: Day Two | Uncouth Reflections on A Week With Ned Corman: Day One
- Notes on “Every-Night Dreams” | Uncouth Reflections on “Untamed”
- MusicLover167 on A Week With Ned Corman: Day One
- amac78 on A Week With Ned Corman: Day One
- Will S. on Art Du Jour
- Will S. on Village Du Jour
- Will S. on Showtune Saturday: “Dentist”
- ironrailsironweights on Village Du Jour
- Fabrizio del Wrongo on Movie Poster Du Jour: “1941”
Category Archives: Performers
Fabrizio del Wrongo writes: There’s an almost cubist visual sensibility at work in this 1933 silent from director Mikio Naruse. Scenes are fractured into barrages of angles, the camera sometimes moving in on its subjects in kamikaze fashion. Many of the … Continue reading
Eddie Pensier writes: Certainly the best song sung by Steve Martin playing a sadistic biker-dentist in a musical horror movie about a cannibalistic plant based on a stage musical derived from a Roger Corman film, ever. From Frank Oz’s Little Shop … Continue reading
Blowhard, Esq. writes: Porn star Lexi Belle, AVN nominee for best three-way sex scene (G/G/B) and winner of the award for best three-way sex scene (B/B/G), knows about the good life: Along with her vegetarianism, she involves herself in animal volunteering, expressing a … Continue reading
Fenster writes: A link to the streaming version of Chick Corea and Gary Burton, I’m Your Pal.
Eddie Pensier writes: Bit of different to our normal Showtune Saturdays, rather than one number, this is a 90-minute documentary on the making of the 1984 recording of West Side Story. Astonishingly, it was the first time that Leonard Bernstein … Continue reading
Fenster writes: I am enamoured of Rosemary Clooney’s interpretation of Cole Porter’s Ev’ry Time We Say Goodbye. How strange the change from major to minor. . . . As McCartney sang in another context entirely, she’s a woman, and she … Continue reading
Fabrizio del Wrongo writes: I had an okay time with this rather flimsy and almost Capraesque Lee Tracy film about an Average Joe who gets to relive the recent past. Because he knows what’ll happen, he makes himself into a financial … Continue reading
Blowhard, Esq. writes: Considered a failure by director Douglas Sirk, SLEEP, MY LOVE is a decent enough noir for fans of the genre. The film concerns a brittle New York blueblood, played by Claudette Colbert, who is being gaslighted by her … Continue reading
Fenster writes: Paul Bley, Ida Lupino.
Eddie Pensier writes: Your hot leggy redhead of the day. Gwen Verdon in “Damn Yankees”. Pretty damn sexy for 1958, or anytime, to be honest. Bob Fosse choreographed, of course.