Blowhard, Esq. writes:
- Learning new ideas and having your assumptions challenged are patriarchal. College should be a warm, validating, soothing hugbox.
- More babies who shouldn’t be allowed to sit at the grown-up’s table.
- While in line and the drug store the other day, I watched a Dominican man and black woman be extremely nice to one another. He was in a hurry, asked her to cut in line, she said yes, he tried repeatedly to pay for her purchases, she politely declined and told him to spend the money on his mom for Mother’s Day. I know I know, I was also shocked that two POC could be so courteous to one another! Then I figured it out. They sensed my White Privilege™ observing them and were putting on this charade solely for my benefit. Had I not been there, the Dominican dude would’ve robbed the store and the black woman would’ve looted it.
- This video is less than four minutes but I still challenge you to sit through the whole thing.
- Another example of the disaster that was 60s and 70s “urban renewal.”
- What uneducated plebs. Quick, let’s get a gaggle of architecture professors to properly lecture them what’s good for them.
- “In 1960, only 15 percent of grades were in the ‘A’ range, but now the rate is 43 percent, making ‘A’ the most common grade by far.” More here.
- A pizza blogger stops blogging to open up his own pizza restaurant. Welp, I guess this means it’s time for me to start my own architecture firm.
- Photo Gallery Du Jour: Italy in the early 80s.