@ Uncouth Reflections
- Our NSFW Tumblr blog
- zimriel on Wither the Yellow Vests?
- flulrich on Wither the Yellow Vests?
- Hugh Mann on Weekend Linkage
- fenster on Wither the Yellow Vests?
- ricardo on Wither the Yellow Vests?
- PotusField on Front Porch Republic on the Yellow Vests
- uttercontempt on Sailer and Taleb
- flulrich on Sailer and Taleb
- Warren Sikes on Weekend Linkage
- plwinkler on Weekend Linkage
- jjbees on Notes on “First Reformed”
- JV on Notes on “First Reformed”
- peterike on Weekend Linkage
- peterike on Is it Showtime?
- JV on Notes on “The Birds”
Monthly Archives: May 2014
Blowhard, Esq. writes: After STANDING IN THE SHADOWS OF MOTOWN, which shined a light on the Detroit backing band who played on dozens of Motown hits, there’s been a spate of documentaries honoring the previously-anonymous studio musicians who were essential contributors … Continue reading
Glynn Marshes writes: Highly recommend The Norton Critical Edition of Goethe’s Faust, if you’re in a lit-nerd mood. The translation (Walter Arndt) is more-than-approachable and the interpretive notes (Cyrus Hamlin) are terrific. And as an added bonus, the last 180 … Continue reading
Paleo Retiree writes: Another installment in what I’m thinking of as my Andy Rooney Series, wherein I notice, and then muse grumpily about, current trends. Hey, what else are older people good for? Today: What to make of morally coercive language … Continue reading
Blowhard, Esq. writes: The Old Post Office Pavilion, Washington, D.C. Click on the image to enlarge.
Eddie Pensier writes: Amahl: “Are you a real king?” Balthazar: “Yes.” Amahl: “Have you regal blood?” Balthazar: “Yes.” Amahl: “Can I see it?” Balthazar: “It is just like yours.” Amahl: “What’s the use of having it, then?” Balthazar: “No use.” … Continue reading
Sir Barken Hyena writes: One of my favorite times in music was when the newly birthed Punk movement started to blend with straight forward pop. XTC is one of the best of this stream, here they are at what I think … Continue reading