@ Uncouth Reflections
- Our NSFW Tumblr blog
- Note to T—, on Diversity in Higher Education and Heather MacDonald – Facebook Commentary on What is the “Right” Take on Higher Education?
- Note to T—, on Diversity in Higher Education and Heather MacDonald – Facebook Commentary on You Read it Here First!
- peterike on Weekend Linkage
- Joseph Moroco on Wilt and Wither
- Fenster on Sokal Redux Reflux
- Matthew Walker on Sokal Redux Reflux
- Sokak Redux Reflux | Uncouth Reflections on Sokal Redux?
- Sokak Redux Reflux | Uncouth Reflections on Gee Officer Krupke . . .
- John on Weekend Linkage
- curri on Tweet Curation
- Andrea Daley Utronebel on Gee Officer Krupke . . .
- Fenster on You Read it Here First!
- Elsewheres | Uncouth Reflections on Montaigne Unchained!
- Elsewheres | Uncouth Reflections on Franklin and Montaigne
- Elsewheres | Uncouth Reflections on More Evidence Montaigne Would Fit In Here
Tag Archives: Music
Paleo Retiree writes: I always think of the song as “Listen to the Rhythm of the Pouring Rain,” and it’s one that, ever since it was released in 1962, has never failed to cast a little spell on me. Thanks … Continue reading
Paleo Retiree writes: I signed up with Apple Music warily. I’d read the bad reviews, and I’m one of those people who think that Tim Cook hasn’t got a creative bone in his body. But, hey, I’m immersed in Apple’s … Continue reading
Paleo Retiree writes: Today I learned that producer/writer Lee Hazlewood urged Nancy Sinatra to sing “These Boots Are Made For Walkin’” as if she were “a sixteen-year-old girl who fucks truck drivers.” Friends who know Lee Hazlewood’s work better than … Continue reading
Paleo Retiree writes: Currently living out of suitcases in a small, furnished sublet far away from our usual city, my wife and I recently found ourselves craving a speaker. Earphone-listening is great but sometimes it’s fun to share music, and … Continue reading
Paleo Retiree writes: Did you notice the other day that Van Morrison received a Knighthood? As someone who has spent countless hours being charmed and transported by his music — Sir Van has been to me what Bob Dylan has been … Continue reading
Fenster writes: Perhaps you thought James Brown’s famous disrobing-and-falling-down routine was sui generis? Maybe maybe not.