@ Uncouth Reflections
- Our NSFW Tumblr blog
- Damn Yankees
- Note to B—-: Science and Religion
- Watching Freedom of Speech Speed Atrophy in Real Time
- SCENES WE’D LIKE TO SEE*
- Note to K—-, on the morning of January 6
- Note to pals at S—–: Lin Wood Shocker
- Notes on Barbara and Night Train to Lisbon
- Is Culture Stuck?
- You Can Never Be Too Thin, Too Rich or Too Woke
- Notes on Fargo
- Fenster on Damn Yankees
- Epaminondas on Damn Yankees
- thurston n aiken on Naked Lady of the Week: Anamika
- fenster on Our New Gizmo
- Fabio on Our New Gizmo
- Wayland on Naked Lady of the Week: Lindsey Marshal
- Blowhard, Esq. on Thom Mayne Must Be Stopped
- Dave on Crusader Follies: Peter Bartholomew and the Holy Lance
- MEH 0910 on Note to B—-: Science and Religion
- Dain Fitzgerald on Note to B—-: Science and Religion
- Calvin Hobbes on Note to B—-: Science and Religion
- Charlotte Verdini on Thom Mayne Must Be Stopped
- teageegeepea on Notes on Fargo
- Note to B—-: Science and Religion | Uncouth Reflections on Touching the Void
- Note to B—-: Science and Religion | Uncouth Reflections on Walls and Bridges, Bridges and Walls 2
Tag Archives: Las Vegas
Fabrizio del Wrongo writes: “Viva Las Vegas” pulls off a nifty trick: it uses the corporatization of Elvis to augment and comment on his appeal. Elvis plays Lucky Jackson, a racecar driver whose fortunes belie his name. Ann-Margret is the … Continue reading
Blowhard, Esq. writes: Our friend Lloyd’s final project before his death was an adaptation of a spec script he wrote during his Hollywood days that has just been published on Kindle: Las Vegas in the 1950s — a glamorous black chanteuse . … Continue reading
Blowhard, Esq. writes: Downtown Vegas ca. 1948-1950. Click on the image to enlarge.
Blowhard, Esq. writes: The ceiling of the Venetian casino in Las Vegas, photo by me. Click on the image to enlarge.
Blowhard, Esq. writes: The El Cortez Hotel in downtown Las Vegas. Click on the image to enlarge.
Blowhard, Esq. writes: To piggyback on Paleo Retiree’s recent post, I caught this couple at the table next to me a few months ago. They were on their phones most of the time I observed them. There wasn’t much conversation.
Blowhard, Esq. writes: Apparently it’s Carnivore Weekend here at UR, because along with PR’s post about the dee-licious Umami Burger, I thought I’d share a few shots of one of Vegas’ best steakhouses. As the picture above shows, Carnevino is … Continue reading
Blowhard, Esq. writes:
Blowhard, Esq. writes: Here are a few snaps of Vegas neon from my latest trip there a few weeks ago. I shall not rest until I’ve collected every sign in the city. Related My first gallery of Vegas neon. My post … Continue reading
Blowhard, Esq. writes: If you’re a regular visitor here, you’ve probably seen one of us mention friend-of-the-blog Lloyd Fonvielle before. I met Lloyd about a year and a half ago on Facebook where he’s a lively and generous presence. We struck … Continue reading