@ Uncouth Reflections
- Our NSFW Tumblr blog
- plwinkler on Weekend Linkage
- jjbees on Notes on “First Reformed”
- JV on Notes on “First Reformed”
- peterike on Weekend Linkage
- peterike on Is it Showtime?
- JV on Notes on “The Birds”
- fenster on Is it Showtime?
- bluecat57 on Is it Showtime?
- Is it Showtime? | Uncouth Reflections on Wonton Speculation
- bluecat57 on Weekend Linkage
- Prof. Woland on Notes on “The Birds”
- Hugh Mann on Weekend Linkage
- Hugh Mann on Tourism Bah Humbug
- Brian Gardam on Tourism Bah Humbug
- Charles Littlewood on Weekend Linkage
Monthly Archives: December 2018
Fabrizio del Wrongo writes: “First Reformed” has cozied up to elite movie reviewers (to the extent that such still exist) through its surface resemblance to the films of Bresson and Bergman. In it they imagine they see an expression of … Continue reading
Fabrizio del Wrongo writes: By turns lyrical and grotesque, and sometimes, unaccountably, both at the same time, “The Magnificent Ambersons,” despite its mutilated form, may be the great movie about the putrefaction of America. Its mutilated state plays into its … Continue reading
Fabrizio del Wrongo writes: “About Elly” uses the disappearing-woman device from “L’Avventura” but to a much different end. Where Antonioni uses it to comment on the modern condition, taking a quintessentially macro POV, Iranian director Asghar Farhadi uses it to … Continue reading
Fabrizio del Wrongo writes: Aaron and Melissa Dykes, who operate under the name Truthstream Media, are Alex Jones expats (they seem to regret the affiliation) who make videos about government cover-ups, conspiracy lore, and the like; they’re like Mulder and … Continue reading