@ Uncouth Reflections
- Our NSFW Tumblr blog
- Note to T—, on Diversity in Higher Education and Heather MacDonald – Facebook Commentary on What is the “Right” Take on Higher Education?
- Note to T—, on Diversity in Higher Education and Heather MacDonald – Facebook Commentary on You Read it Here First!
- peterike on Weekend Linkage
- Joseph Moroco on Wilt and Wither
- Fenster on Sokal Redux Reflux
- Matthew Walker on Sokal Redux Reflux
- Sokak Redux Reflux | Uncouth Reflections on Sokal Redux?
- Sokak Redux Reflux | Uncouth Reflections on Gee Officer Krupke . . .
- John on Weekend Linkage
- curri on Tweet Curation
- Andrea Daley Utronebel on Gee Officer Krupke . . .
- Fenster on You Read it Here First!
- Elsewheres | Uncouth Reflections on Montaigne Unchained!
- Elsewheres | Uncouth Reflections on Franklin and Montaigne
- Elsewheres | Uncouth Reflections on More Evidence Montaigne Would Fit In Here
Monthly Archives: June 2014
Eddie Pensier writes: The past week has been an unpleasant one around Rancho Pensier. I found myself needing cheer and laughter in large quantities. I had no choice but to turn to that cache of fail-safe funny things that never fail … Continue reading
Sir Barken Hyena writes: This tag “art rock” has the virtue of near meaninglessness. Today it means “weird as fuck”, a good blanket term for German duo Mouse On Mars, as this recent video demonstrates. All of their work is … Continue reading
Blowhard, Esq. writes: Saint Michael, Northern Spain, ca. 1460-1490. Original here. Click on the image to enlarge.
Fabrizio del Wrongo writes: A filmmaker like Lubitsch makes you feel privileged for taking part in his naughtiness — like you’re in on the joke. But the naughtiness in this clip, from Renoir’s “French Cancan,” is of a different sort. Renoir … Continue reading
Fenster writes: Moody in the mood.
Fabrizio del Wrongo writes: French poster for Antonioni’s “Il Grido.” Design by Boris Grinsson, one of the major French poster designers of the period. Related More on Grinsson.