@ Uncouth Reflections
- Our NSFW Tumblr blog
- Note to T—, on Diversity in Higher Education and Heather MacDonald – Facebook Commentary on What is the “Right” Take on Higher Education?
- Note to T—, on Diversity in Higher Education and Heather MacDonald – Facebook Commentary on You Read it Here First!
- peterike on Weekend Linkage
- Joseph Moroco on Wilt and Wither
- Fenster on Sokal Redux Reflux
- Matthew Walker on Sokal Redux Reflux
- Sokak Redux Reflux | Uncouth Reflections on Sokal Redux?
- Sokak Redux Reflux | Uncouth Reflections on Gee Officer Krupke . . .
- John on Weekend Linkage
- curri on Tweet Curation
- Andrea Daley Utronebel on Gee Officer Krupke . . .
- Fenster on You Read it Here First!
- Elsewheres | Uncouth Reflections on Montaigne Unchained!
- Elsewheres | Uncouth Reflections on Franklin and Montaigne
- Elsewheres | Uncouth Reflections on More Evidence Montaigne Would Fit In Here
Tag Archives: New York City
Blowhard, Esq. writes: As the full title implies, director Matt Tyrnauer‘s documentary profile of writer and urban theorist Jane Jacobs frames her story in terms of confrontation. In this corner we have politician Robert Moses, the power broker of post-World … Continue reading
Blowhard, Esq. writes: After laying waste to meatspace retail book sellers, Amazon has bizarrely decided to get into the game. Their first NYC store opened over the Memorial Day weekend so I headed down there to check it out. My overall … Continue reading
Blowhard, Esq. writes: “The Glory of Commerce,” completed in 1914, the sculpture that tops the southern façade of Grand Central Terminal. Mercury, representing commerce, is flanked by Hercules, who represents physical labor, and Minerva, who represents intellectual labor. The grouping was … Continue reading
Blowhard, Esq. writes: I was wandering in the East 40s yesterday when I came across a hipster coffee joint. As I looked at the wooden sign in the window advertising their goods, I had to suppress a snicker: an unfinished wooden … Continue reading
Blowhard, Esq. writes: I semi-enjoyed this new documentary about the annual exhibition and fundraising gala for the Metropolitan Museum’s fashion wing. Every spring The Costume Institute mounts a major exhibit that opens on May 1st with a lavish party attended by … Continue reading
Fenster writes: As a blogger I am obliged to take the side of the pajama-clad reporters against the evil mainstream media. Why, I happen to be in my pajamas at the moment, too, as I write this. For the most … Continue reading
Paleo Retiree writes: A return to my ongoing project of documenting what I think of as architectural “crap space” — bits (as well as sometimes, alas, huge stretches) of our designed-and-built environment that have zero life whatsoever. First off, I’d like to admit that … Continue reading