@ Uncouth Reflections
- Our NSFW Tumblr blog
- flulrich on More Good News on Asset Forfeiture
- Charles Littlewood on Strange Bedfellows
- Faze on Notes on “The Sin of Harold Diddlebock”
- fenster on Weekend Linkage
- Warren Sikes on Notes on “The Island at the Top of the World”
- Elsewheres | Uncouth Reflections on Weekend Linkage
- Hugh Mann on Weekend Linkage
- Faze on Notes on “The Island at the Top of the World”
- honcho on Naked Lady of the Week: Marry Queen
- Charles Littlewood on Weekend Linkage
- Will S. on Weekend Linkage
- tcrommett on Weekend Linkage
- Some analysis of / commentary on that APA smear on masculinity | Patriactionary on Weekend Linkage
- zimriel on Wither the Yellow Vests?
- flulrich on Wither the Yellow Vests?
Author Archives: Blowhard, Esq.
Blowhard, Esq. writes: Say the word democracy. Notice how good it sounds. Everything democratic is good. A democratic meeting, a democratic policy, a democratic giraffe… if the adjective fits the noun at all, anything you paint with it comes out shiny and bright. Now say the word politics. Notice how bad … Continue reading
Blowhard, Esq. writes: A few months ago, when I was at the Whitney museum, I was confronted by this masterpiece: But maybe there’s something really deep going on in this work that I just don’t understand. Do you find this … Continue reading
Blowhard, Esq. writes: People of experience maintain that it is very sensible to start from a principle. I grant them that and start with the principle that all men are boring. — Kierkegaard, Either/Or
Blowhard, Esq. writes: You seem … to consider the judges as the ultimate arbiters of all constitutional questions; a very dangerous doctrine indeed, and one which would place us under the despotism of an oligarchy. Our judges are as honest … Continue reading
Blowhard, Esq. writes: Minimalist movie notes on the last 10 that I’ve seen: 47 METRES DOWN: Liked it. LA NOTTE: Didn’t like it. THE LADIES MAN: Liked it. THE HISTORY BOYS: Liked it. MISSISSIPPI GRIND: Really liked it. LADY BIRD: … Continue reading
Blowhard, Esq. writes: In today’s New York Times editorial page, former Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens calls for the repeal of the Second Amendment. In doing so, he attacks the majority decision in DC v. Heller written by Scalia: … Continue reading