@ Uncouth Reflections
- Our NSFW Tumblr blog
- Note to T—, on Diversity in Higher Education and Heather MacDonald – Facebook Commentary on What is the “Right” Take on Higher Education?
- Note to T—, on Diversity in Higher Education and Heather MacDonald – Facebook Commentary on You Read it Here First!
- peterike on Weekend Linkage
- Joseph Moroco on Wilt and Wither
- Fenster on Sokal Redux Reflux
- Matthew Walker on Sokal Redux Reflux
- Sokak Redux Reflux | Uncouth Reflections on Sokal Redux?
- Sokak Redux Reflux | Uncouth Reflections on Gee Officer Krupke . . .
- John on Weekend Linkage
- curri on Tweet Curation
- Andrea Daley Utronebel on Gee Officer Krupke . . .
- Fenster on You Read it Here First!
- Elsewheres | Uncouth Reflections on Montaigne Unchained!
- Elsewheres | Uncouth Reflections on Franklin and Montaigne
- Elsewheres | Uncouth Reflections on More Evidence Montaigne Would Fit In Here
Author Archives: Blowhard, Esq.
Blowhard, Esq. writes: Say the word democracy. Notice how good it sounds. Everything democratic is good. A democratic meeting, a democratic policy, a democratic giraffe… if the adjective fits the noun at all, anything you paint with it comes out shiny and bright. Now say the word politics. Notice how bad … Continue reading
Blowhard, Esq. writes: A few months ago, when I was at the Whitney museum, I was confronted by this masterpiece: But maybe there’s something really deep going on in this work that I just don’t understand. Do you find this … Continue reading
Blowhard, Esq. writes: People of experience maintain that it is very sensible to start from a principle. I grant them that and start with the principle that all men are boring. — Kierkegaard, Either/Or
Blowhard, Esq. writes: You seem … to consider the judges as the ultimate arbiters of all constitutional questions; a very dangerous doctrine indeed, and one which would place us under the despotism of an oligarchy. Our judges are as honest … Continue reading
Blowhard, Esq. writes: Minimalist movie notes on the last 10 that I’ve seen: 47 METRES DOWN: Liked it. LA NOTTE: Didn’t like it. THE LADIES MAN: Liked it. THE HISTORY BOYS: Liked it. MISSISSIPPI GRIND: Really liked it. LADY BIRD: … Continue reading
Blowhard, Esq. writes: In today’s New York Times editorial page, former Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens calls for the repeal of the Second Amendment. In doing so, he attacks the majority decision in DC v. Heller written by Scalia: … Continue reading