@ Uncouth Reflections
- Our NSFW Tumblr blog
- JV on Notes on “First Reformed”
- peterike on Weekend Linkage
- peterike on Is it Showtime?
- JV on Notes on “The Birds”
- fenster on Is it Showtime?
- bluecat57 on Is it Showtime?
- Is it Showtime? | Uncouth Reflections on Wonton Speculation
- bluecat57 on Weekend Linkage
- Prof. Woland on Notes on “The Birds”
- Hugh Mann on Weekend Linkage
- Hugh Mann on Tourism Bah Humbug
- Brian Gardam on Tourism Bah Humbug
- Charles Littlewood on Weekend Linkage
- Tourism Bah Humbug | Uncouth Reflections on Think Globally Travel Locally
- Tourism Bah Humbug | Uncouth Reflections on The Difference between VRBO and AirBnB
Monthly Archives: August 2012
Paleo Retiree writes: Take a look at the following first-lines-of-articles-from-The-New-Yorker and tell me if you’re as struck by certain patterns and similarities as I’ve been. “In 2004, Carolina Izquierdo, an anthropologist at the University of California, Los Angeles, spent several … Continue reading
Blowhard, Esq. writes: Last night I opened my copy of Taleb’s Fooled by Randomness and was greeted with this passage: At the cost of appearing biased, I have to say that the literary mind can be intentionally prone to the … Continue reading
The Question Lady writes: What is the best Labor Day meal you ever had?
Paleo Retiree writes: A white-trash/noir, doublecrossin’, absurdist melodrama, directed by William Friedkin from a Tracy Letts play that The Question Lady and I also loved. Friedkin may be in his 70s but he has made an energized and outrageous film … Continue reading
Brundle Guy writes: Mike Lofgren wrote this article for The American Conservative asking if the wealthy elites in America have, for all intents and purposes, seceded from the union and created their own world while still governing and controlling the rest of … Continue reading
The Question Lady writes: When it comes to people on the internet posting photos of those near and dear to them — are you more susceptible to photos of their animals or their children?
Blowhard, Esq. writes: The L.A. Weekly recently ran a feature on the “20 Worst Hipster Bands.” Here’s the entry for No. 20: Fifty years after the Rolling Stones and we’re still upset about this? They “lack authenticity,” you see, b/c they aren’t black. … Continue reading