@ Uncouth Reflections
- Our NSFW Tumblr blog
- Note to T—, on Diversity in Higher Education and Heather MacDonald – Facebook Commentary on What is the “Right” Take on Higher Education?
- Note to T—, on Diversity in Higher Education and Heather MacDonald – Facebook Commentary on You Read it Here First!
- peterike on Weekend Linkage
- Joseph Moroco on Wilt and Wither
- Fenster on Sokal Redux Reflux
- Matthew Walker on Sokal Redux Reflux
- Sokak Redux Reflux | Uncouth Reflections on Sokal Redux?
- Sokak Redux Reflux | Uncouth Reflections on Gee Officer Krupke . . .
- John on Weekend Linkage
- curri on Tweet Curation
- Andrea Daley Utronebel on Gee Officer Krupke . . .
- Fenster on You Read it Here First!
- Elsewheres | Uncouth Reflections on Montaigne Unchained!
- Elsewheres | Uncouth Reflections on Franklin and Montaigne
- Elsewheres | Uncouth Reflections on More Evidence Montaigne Would Fit In Here
Category Archives: Travel
Fenster writes: As I wrote here, I am in Ghent for a week, with a stop first in Amsterdam and with a side trip across the border to Germany. Nothing against the homeland but when I travel I prefer the … Continue reading
Blowhard, Esq. writes: Paleo Retiree should probably avert his eyes from this post. See, he had the inspired idea of going on a pizza walking tour and made the reservations for us, then — tragically! — the day before the glorious … Continue reading
Eddie Pensier writes: A recent business trip to Sydney brought some fantastic culinary experiences and some regrettable architectural ones. I made a pilgrimage to the Central Park shopping centre in Chippendale to visit (among other things) Daiso, that marvelously kooky … Continue reading
Paleo Retiree writes: My wife and I recently visited Wilderstein, a magnificent 19th century mansion on the Hudson River, not far from the lovely small town of Rhinebeck. Wilderstein is sometimes said to be the Hudson River Valley’s best Victorian house. … Continue reading
Blowhard, Esq. writes: In part one of our 9/11 Memorial Visit, Paleo Retiree did an excellent job analyzing the disaster that is the park. In my tour I’d like to focus on the two main set pieces of the area: Santiago … Continue reading
Eddie Pensier writes: Earlier this year I accompanied Blowhard Esq, brother of Blowhard (hereafter referred to as BOB) and occasional commenter Tex for a visit to the Getty Museum in Los Angeles. Despite being the sort of modernist architecture we normally … Continue reading