@ Uncouth Reflections
- Our NSFW Tumblr blog
- Note to T—, on Diversity in Higher Education and Heather MacDonald – Facebook Commentary on What is the “Right” Take on Higher Education?
- Note to T—, on Diversity in Higher Education and Heather MacDonald – Facebook Commentary on You Read it Here First!
- peterike on Weekend Linkage
- Joseph Moroco on Wilt and Wither
- Fenster on Sokal Redux Reflux
- Matthew Walker on Sokal Redux Reflux
- Sokak Redux Reflux | Uncouth Reflections on Sokal Redux?
- Sokak Redux Reflux | Uncouth Reflections on Gee Officer Krupke . . .
- John on Weekend Linkage
- curri on Tweet Curation
- Andrea Daley Utronebel on Gee Officer Krupke . . .
- Fenster on You Read it Here First!
- Elsewheres | Uncouth Reflections on Montaigne Unchained!
- Elsewheres | Uncouth Reflections on Franklin and Montaigne
- Elsewheres | Uncouth Reflections on More Evidence Montaigne Would Fit In Here
Monthly Archives: August 2015
Fenster writes: There are some ideas so stupid only a college president could endorse them. At least that’s the impression given by reading this recent nearly-three-cheer defense of trigger warnings and microaggession bans on campus penned by two college presidents. … Continue reading
Fenster writes: Is it possible for planners to create a community with as much charm and character as one that evolved organically over time? Heck, I suppose it might be possible. Given enough bandwidth, time and creativity, and with possibly great … Continue reading
Paleo Retiree writes: On a beautiful recent day, my wife and I treated ourselves to a long, leisurely walk — first through the West Village, then down along Hudson River Park, and finally through and beyond Battery Park Marina. The red line shows our … Continue reading
Fabrizio del Wrongo writes: Such a changed France have we; and a changed Louis. Changed, truly; and further than thou yet seest!—To the eye of History many things, in that sick-room of Louis, are now visible, which to the Courtiers … Continue reading
Fenster writes: Mostly miseries. Six weeks of displacement. The old kitchen was crammed full of food and gadgets, now taking up space in the living room. Dining room is a staging area and we are spending most of the time … Continue reading
Fabrizio del Wrongo writes: In “Tusk,” writer-director Kevin Smith burrows deep into a hole of self-loathing and misanthropy. He’s beating up on the digital age, on young people, on hip callowness: the movie plays like the howl of a onetime … Continue reading
Blowhard, Esq. writes: One of the most popular of the major mainstream porn stars of the last decade, Seattle native Gianna Michaels is known for her curvy figure, enthusiastic performances, boisterous laugh, and the naughty gleam in her eye. Isn’t it … Continue reading