@ Uncouth Reflections
- Our NSFW Tumblr blog
- Damn Yankees
- Note to B—-: Science and Religion
- Watching Freedom of Speech Speed Atrophy in Real Time
- SCENES WE’D LIKE TO SEE*
- Note to K—-, on the morning of January 6
- Notes on Barbara and Night Train to Lisbon
- Is Culture Stuck?
- You Can Never Be Too Thin, Too Rich or Too Woke
- Notes on Fargo
- Boomers Won’t Go Away, Part XXV
- Benny on “The Godfather is Boring”
- chris evans on Book Notes: “A Disease in the Public Mind”
- Pepe on Naked Lady of the Week: Marry Queen
- Why I’ve Seen “Since You Went Away” Umpteen Times – Taking Up Room on “Since You Went Away,” a Culture’s Dreams, and the Agee-DOS Dosado
- Brian on Naked Lady of the Week: Roberta Pedon
- Fenster on Damn Yankees
- Epaminondas on Damn Yankees
- thurston n aiken on Naked Lady of the Week: Anamika
- fenster on Our New Gizmo
- Fabio on Our New Gizmo
- Wayland on Naked Lady of the Week: Lindsey Marshal
- Blowhard, Esq. on Thom Mayne Must Be Stopped
- Dave on Crusader Follies: Peter Bartholomew and the Holy Lance
- MEH 0910 on Note to B—-: Science and Religion
- Dain Fitzgerald on Note to B—-: Science and Religion
Monthly Archives: November 2012
The Question Lady writes: When is it OK for somebody to use their iPhone (or any phone) when they’re out with other people?
Paleo Retiree writes: Over the last few weeks, I’ve been working my way through an Animal Planet “animal hoarders” show on the tube. (Actually on Netflix Instant — haven’t had a cable subscription in years. Why bother with one? The … Continue reading
Fabrizio del Wrongo writes: Do you like movie lists as much as I do? They seem to me to be a great way to explore movie history — perhaps even the only way. A fledgling movie buff could do a lot worse … Continue reading
Fenster writes: What ethical assumptions will need to be written into the programs for driverless cars, and who will make the decisions? Is it moral to print a gun? Is the return of eugenics in some form inevitable?
Fenster writes: Two schools of thought on the current crisis in higher education. They are not mutually exclusive by any means, but there is a definite tension between the two. On the one hand, we have Bill Gates. Here is … Continue reading
Fenster writes: Critics just can’t seem to get enough of re-appraising the long form Heaven’s Gate. In yesterday’s Boston Globe, Ty Burr added to the buzz with his own long form article, the chief benefit of which was that he … Continue reading
Fenster writes: What do you suppose honey isn’t doing? And to whom? And who is going to do it instead? And is it being done at the time the picture was taken?
What do you think makes for a great bar?