@ Uncouth Reflections
- Our NSFW Tumblr blog
- JV on Notes on “First Reformed”
- peterike on Weekend Linkage
- peterike on Is it Showtime?
- JV on Notes on “The Birds”
- fenster on Is it Showtime?
- bluecat57 on Is it Showtime?
- Is it Showtime? | Uncouth Reflections on Wonton Speculation
- bluecat57 on Weekend Linkage
- Prof. Woland on Notes on “The Birds”
- Hugh Mann on Weekend Linkage
- Hugh Mann on Tourism Bah Humbug
- Brian Gardam on Tourism Bah Humbug
- Charles Littlewood on Weekend Linkage
- Tourism Bah Humbug | Uncouth Reflections on Think Globally Travel Locally
- Tourism Bah Humbug | Uncouth Reflections on The Difference between VRBO and AirBnB
Monthly Archives: May 2013
Blowhard, Esq. writes: Written and directed by Robert Towne from the novel by John Fante, you’d never know from watching this film that the source material was one of Charles Bukowski’s primary influences. Set in Depression-era Los Angeles, Fante’s novel … Continue reading
epiminondas writes: “The Republican party is still defined by a coalition of Church people, Chamber of Commerce people, and Military people. And as anyone who has so much as flipped through an issue of Reason or The American Conservative can … Continue reading
Paleo Retiree writes: Steven Seagal movie from 1990, and — not that I’m a scholar of Seagal’s work, mind you — one of his best, IMHO. It’s slickly directed (by Dwight H. Little), amusingly designed (by Robb Wilson King), and … Continue reading
Fabrizio del Wrongo writes: I recently watched the first two seasons of “Monarchy,” a BBC series covering the history of the English kings and queens going back to the late Roman period. Despite the ridiculously affected speech of narrator David … Continue reading
Fenster writes: Sponsored rhetoric will always reflect the interests, and interest, of the sponsor. We get that automatically in the Era of Spin, that you can’t much trust any statement on its face, and that your brain has to automatically … Continue reading