@ Uncouth Reflections
- Our NSFW Tumblr blog
- Note to T—, on Diversity in Higher Education and Heather MacDonald – Facebook Commentary on What is the “Right” Take on Higher Education?
- Note to T—, on Diversity in Higher Education and Heather MacDonald – Facebook Commentary on You Read it Here First!
- peterike on Weekend Linkage
- Joseph Moroco on Wilt and Wither
- Fenster on Sokal Redux Reflux
- Matthew Walker on Sokal Redux Reflux
- Sokak Redux Reflux | Uncouth Reflections on Sokal Redux?
- Sokak Redux Reflux | Uncouth Reflections on Gee Officer Krupke . . .
- John on Weekend Linkage
- curri on Tweet Curation
- Andrea Daley Utronebel on Gee Officer Krupke . . .
- Fenster on You Read it Here First!
- Elsewheres | Uncouth Reflections on Montaigne Unchained!
- Elsewheres | Uncouth Reflections on Franklin and Montaigne
- Elsewheres | Uncouth Reflections on More Evidence Montaigne Would Fit In Here
Category Archives: Language
Fenster writes: Society and culture: From a current day academic point of view society and culture are separate but related concepts. Culture tends to refer to the values and beliefs of a group of people and the material surroundings that … Continue reading
Eddie Pensier writes: From PopSonnet, whose author recasts well-known songs in Shakespearean iambic pentameter. Link via Maggie McNeill.
Paleo Retiree writes: Another installment in what I’m thinking of as my Andy Rooney Series, wherein I notice, and then muse grumpily about, current trends. Hey, what else are older people good for? Today: What to make of morally coercive language … Continue reading
Fabrizio del Wrongo writes: I see Eddie Murphy’s “Delirious” has recently been added to Netflix Instant. I watched part of it and was struck by the bit you see above, which occurs right at the start of the performance. You … Continue reading
Eddie Pensier writes: My usage of the cliché “paying through the nose” in my previous Linkage led me to ponder the origins of some idioms, similes and metaphors whose meanings are more obscure than perhaps they ought to be. I … Continue reading
Eddie Pensier writes: Perplexed Svelte Tumult Abyss Pestle Finger Farfetched Gondola Lentil Belabor