@ Uncouth Reflections
- Our NSFW Tumblr blog
- Note to T—, on Diversity in Higher Education and Heather MacDonald – Facebook Commentary on What is the “Right” Take on Higher Education?
- Note to T—, on Diversity in Higher Education and Heather MacDonald – Facebook Commentary on You Read it Here First!
- peterike on Weekend Linkage
- Joseph Moroco on Wilt and Wither
- Fenster on Sokal Redux Reflux
- Matthew Walker on Sokal Redux Reflux
- Sokak Redux Reflux | Uncouth Reflections on Sokal Redux?
- Sokak Redux Reflux | Uncouth Reflections on Gee Officer Krupke . . .
- John on Weekend Linkage
- curri on Tweet Curation
- Andrea Daley Utronebel on Gee Officer Krupke . . .
- Fenster on You Read it Here First!
- Elsewheres | Uncouth Reflections on Montaigne Unchained!
- Elsewheres | Uncouth Reflections on Franklin and Montaigne
- Elsewheres | Uncouth Reflections on More Evidence Montaigne Would Fit In Here
Monthly Archives: November 2017
Fabrizio del Wrongo writes:
Blowhard, Esq. writes: A woman inspects some travel posters in Jacques Tati’s PLAYTIME (1967). Click on the image to enlarge.
Fabrizio del Wrongo writes: By this time it was about midnight. One of her servants, waiting with her pelisse, went down to order her carriage. On her way home she fell naturally enough to musing over M. de Montriveau’s prediction. … Continue reading
Fabrizio del Wrongo writes: People live in a tiny time-slice of the present moment, which they carry forward with them. But nothing remains. And there’s nothing in their experience which reverberates down the centuries, because the centuries to them are … Continue reading
Blowhard, Esq. writes: In this NYT profile of 23andMe CEO Anne Wojcicki, Anne’s mother Esther has this to say about her daughter dating Yankee* Alex Rodriguez: “I liked A-Rod, he was a very nice man,” Esther Wojcicki told me. “He … Continue reading
Paleo Retiree writes: The book’s complete title: “Ultrasociety: How 10,000 Years of War Made Humans the Greatest Cooperators on Earth.” A stimulating, clear, fast and provocative attempt to explain via the principles of cultural evolution and population biology how humans … Continue reading