@ Uncouth Reflections
- Our NSFW Tumblr blog
- plwinkler on Weekend Linkage
- jjbees on Notes on “First Reformed”
- JV on Notes on “First Reformed”
- peterike on Weekend Linkage
- peterike on Is it Showtime?
- JV on Notes on “The Birds”
- fenster on Is it Showtime?
- bluecat57 on Is it Showtime?
- Is it Showtime? | Uncouth Reflections on Wonton Speculation
- bluecat57 on Weekend Linkage
- Prof. Woland on Notes on “The Birds”
- Hugh Mann on Weekend Linkage
- Hugh Mann on Tourism Bah Humbug
- Brian Gardam on Tourism Bah Humbug
- Charles Littlewood on Weekend Linkage
Monthly Archives: November 2017
Fabrizio del Wrongo writes:
Blowhard, Esq. writes: A woman inspects some travel posters in Jacques Tati’s PLAYTIME (1967). Click on the image to enlarge.
Fabrizio del Wrongo writes: By this time it was about midnight. One of her servants, waiting with her pelisse, went down to order her carriage. On her way home she fell naturally enough to musing over M. de Montriveau’s prediction. … Continue reading
Fabrizio del Wrongo writes: People live in a tiny time-slice of the present moment, which they carry forward with them. But nothing remains. And there’s nothing in their experience which reverberates down the centuries, because the centuries to them are … Continue reading
Blowhard, Esq. writes: In this NYT profile of 23andMe CEO Anne Wojcicki, Anne’s mother Esther has this to say about her daughter dating Yankee* Alex Rodriguez: “I liked A-Rod, he was a very nice man,” Esther Wojcicki told me. “He … Continue reading
Paleo Retiree writes: The book’s complete title: “Ultrasociety: How 10,000 Years of War Made Humans the Greatest Cooperators on Earth.” A stimulating, clear, fast and provocative attempt to explain via the principles of cultural evolution and population biology how humans … Continue reading