We’re a disorganized gang of lazy sots, malcontents and freethinkers. Even so, to meet us is to love us.
- Atypical Neurotic. An Illinois-born refugee from academia who in late middle-age finds himself a civil servant in Norway. An unashamed city-dweller, he walks 30 minutes every day to a job where he is not paid to be an economist (lawyer or accountant), only to sound like one.
- Blowhard, Esq. A legal drudge who spends his day thinking about anything other than work. A lifelong resident of southern California, he has a habit of opining on matters for which he has no qualifications or expertise.
- Brundle Guy. Half man, half middle-man, Brundle Guy is paid to help others realize their artistic visions while struggling in obscurity with his own. What hath social science wrought?!
- Callowman. An extremely dull, uninteresting man to whom things happen. He enjoys scrambled eggs and is a long-time resident of the Kingdom of Sweden.
- Eddie Pensier. Expat, television junkie, opera buff, connoisseur of unhealthy foods, art lover, beverage bore, fashion watcher, and admirer of beautiful people of all sexes.
- Fabrizio del Wrongo. A recovering liberal arts major who enjoys shooting the breeze about culture, especially movies. Other interests include women and ninjas. Fabrizio resides in a fortified tower somewhere on the American east coast, along with four houseplants and a Roomba.
- Fenster Moop. Has had a long and varied career in higher education, government and business. Does not consider himself to be either retired or a dilettante, though both these things could be disputed.
- Glynn Marshes. No longer young, not yet old. Interested in what makes things tick, but keenly aware that if you take them apart, the ticking generally stops. Sometimes known to chase after small white dimpled balls with a stick.
- Paleo Retiree. Onetime media flunky and movie buff, formerly Michael Blowhard. Now a rootless parasite on a quest to find the perfectly-crafted artisanal cocktail.
- The Question Lady. Searching out wisdom wherever I can get it. Please give it to me before it’s too late!
- Sax von Stroheim. Former cog in the entertainment industry machine, now pursuing his dream of turning into a character from an Eric Rohmer movie.
- Sherbrooke. Canadian-American hybrid lady, living in retirement. Overly familiar with the uses of a fainting couch, biography and acting.
- Sir Barken Hyena. Software developer by profession, player of diverse instruments and writer of songs, a decent cook they tell me, memorizer of quotes that I can then drop like my own, architect, novelist, surgeon.
Pingback: Assorted links
I am delighted to have found you!
Mr Tall, occasional commenter on the erstwhile 2Blowhards blog
Hey all, what a pleasure to find this site! Paleo Retiree, we used to correspond back when I had a cultureblog. Then my blog-muse went on a decade-long bender. She’s finally recovered, somewhat.
Look forward to visiting often.
Hey Sasha, great to see you again, and fun to see that you’re blogging too. Looking forward to staying in touch!
Pingback: Michael Hastings’ Brother Gives Majority of Journalists a Failing Grade - FishbowlNY
Oh, THERE you are! I’m still doin’ business at the same old pop stand. But it ain’t boring.
I am trying to reach Blowhard, Esq–seeking permission to publish one of the photos in his post on the Santa Ana Civic Center
Would like to converse with Blowhard about Lloyd Fonvielle.