@ Uncouth Reflections
- Our NSFW Tumblr blog
- Note to T—, on Diversity in Higher Education and Heather MacDonald – Facebook Commentary on What is the “Right” Take on Higher Education?
- Note to T—, on Diversity in Higher Education and Heather MacDonald – Facebook Commentary on You Read it Here First!
- peterike on Weekend Linkage
- Joseph Moroco on Wilt and Wither
- Fenster on Sokal Redux Reflux
- Matthew Walker on Sokal Redux Reflux
- Sokak Redux Reflux | Uncouth Reflections on Sokal Redux?
- Sokak Redux Reflux | Uncouth Reflections on Gee Officer Krupke . . .
- John on Weekend Linkage
- curri on Tweet Curation
- Andrea Daley Utronebel on Gee Officer Krupke . . .
- Fenster on You Read it Here First!
- Elsewheres | Uncouth Reflections on Montaigne Unchained!
- Elsewheres | Uncouth Reflections on Franklin and Montaigne
- Elsewheres | Uncouth Reflections on More Evidence Montaigne Would Fit In Here
Category Archives: Philosophy and Religion
Fabrizio del Wrongo writes: Young Cromwell in early boyhood received this Calvinist or Puritan spirit, in part no doubt from his parents, in part from the group of townsmen in Huntingdon with whom they were connected; but especially from the … Continue reading
Fenster writes: I see that Jordan Peterson book around and think it is a good idea for you to read it. Meanwhile, here is something shorter: a very good article on the Jordan Peterson phenomenon. As Peterson has caught on … Continue reading
Fabrizio del Wrongo writes: “No war is more cruel and bloody than siege warfare. . . .” The truth of this statement was to be proved over and over again during the next few months. The Turks were now so … Continue reading
Blowhard, Esq. writes: People of experience maintain that it is very sensible to start from a principle. I grant them that and start with the principle that all men are boring. — Kierkegaard, Either/Or
Paleo Retiree writes: This isn’t the dazzling Chris Marker/Erroll Morris/Adam Curtis doc about the present moment that we might dream of, but it’s admirable and thoughtful anyway. David Fuller, a British video journalist turned life coach, uses Cathy Newman’s recent … Continue reading
Blowhard, Esq. writes: The Post-Modern Left imagines a system of 'systemic oppression' so devious that it allows every adult to vote, own property, work any job, move anywhere, marry anyone, learn anything, and say anything. — Geoffrey Miller (@primalpoly) November … Continue reading