@ Uncouth Reflections
- Our NSFW Tumblr blog
- plwinkler on Weekend Linkage
- jjbees on Notes on “First Reformed”
- JV on Notes on “First Reformed”
- peterike on Weekend Linkage
- peterike on Is it Showtime?
- JV on Notes on “The Birds”
- fenster on Is it Showtime?
- bluecat57 on Is it Showtime?
- Is it Showtime? | Uncouth Reflections on Wonton Speculation
- bluecat57 on Weekend Linkage
- Prof. Woland on Notes on “The Birds”
- Hugh Mann on Weekend Linkage
- Hugh Mann on Tourism Bah Humbug
- Brian Gardam on Tourism Bah Humbug
- Charles Littlewood on Weekend Linkage
Monthly Archives: July 2016
Fabrizio del Wrongo writes: The warrior in the oak had maintained a quick, though ineffectual fire, from the moment of his discovery. But his aim was interrupted by the vigilance of his enemies, whose rifles instantaneously bore on any part … Continue reading
Paleo Retiree writes: A good piece about how globalism is under siege. Jonathan Haidt on how nationalism may be superseding globalism. Zoning turns 100. Is the Collegiate Gothic style in architecture racist? Why, architecturally speaking, are corporate campuses so bad? … Continue reading
Blowhard, Esq. writes:
Paleo Retiree writes: My wife and I recently caught and loved a show by a legendary Hawaiian folk band. “Hapa” means mixed, as in a part-Hawaiian/part-white person. The group Hapa performs traditional Hawaiian music, featuring beautiful melodies, harmonies and values — … Continue reading
Paleo Retiree writes: Things 2016 Bond could not get away with. Bonus Bond: one of the great moments of onscreen Game:
Paleo Retiree writes: Today I learned that producer/writer Lee Hazlewood urged Nancy Sinatra to sing “These Boots Are Made For Walkin’” as if she were “a sixteen-year-old girl who fucks truck drivers.” Friends who know Lee Hazlewood’s work better than … Continue reading
Blowhard, Esq. writes: To see a woman finally — FINALLY! — break through the Illuminati glass ceiling and become the military-industrial complex’s official stooge must be a real inspiration to all the children back on the Lizard Planet.