@ Uncouth Reflections
- Our NSFW Tumblr blog
- zimriel on Wither the Yellow Vests?
- flulrich on Wither the Yellow Vests?
- Hugh Mann on Weekend Linkage
- fenster on Wither the Yellow Vests?
- ricardo on Wither the Yellow Vests?
- PotusField on Front Porch Republic on the Yellow Vests
- uttercontempt on Sailer and Taleb
- flulrich on Sailer and Taleb
- Warren Sikes on Weekend Linkage
- plwinkler on Weekend Linkage
- jjbees on Notes on “First Reformed”
- JV on Notes on “First Reformed”
- peterike on Weekend Linkage
- peterike on Is it Showtime?
- JV on Notes on “The Birds”
Category Archives: Animals
Paleo Retiree writes: Six short episodes, which my wife and I watched on Netflix. The show’s writer/producer/host, Roy Mears, is smart, articulate and enthusiastic in a goofy-naturalist kind of way, picking up rocks and smelling tree branches and saying “Wonderful, … Continue reading
Eddie Pensier writes: Horace Moore-Jones, Simpson And His Donkey (1918) Related Previous ANZAC-themed AdJ here, and here.
Fabrizio del Wrongo writes: Artists have used animals to comment on the human condition since Homer. There’s often something to be gained in recognizing that animals experience the world through alien eyes — that their existence isn’t necessarily contingent on … Continue reading
Eddie Pensier writes:
Fabrizio del Wrongo writes: The only merit of the administration of Carinus that history could record, or poetry celebrate, was the uncommon splendor with which, in his own and his brother’s name, he exhibited the Roman games of the theatre, … Continue reading
Fabrizio del Wrongo writes: This late Frank Borzage picture is about a compulsive gambler (Don Ameche) whose mojo is all bound up with the fate of a thoroughbred that he raises from a colt. Borzage and screenwriters Steve Fisher and Bradley … Continue reading