@ Uncouth Reflections
- Our NSFW Tumblr blog
- plwinkler on Weekend Linkage
- jjbees on Notes on “First Reformed”
- JV on Notes on “First Reformed”
- peterike on Weekend Linkage
- peterike on Is it Showtime?
- JV on Notes on “The Birds”
- fenster on Is it Showtime?
- bluecat57 on Is it Showtime?
- Is it Showtime? | Uncouth Reflections on Wonton Speculation
- bluecat57 on Weekend Linkage
- Prof. Woland on Notes on “The Birds”
- Hugh Mann on Weekend Linkage
- Hugh Mann on Tourism Bah Humbug
- Brian Gardam on Tourism Bah Humbug
- Charles Littlewood on Weekend Linkage
Tag Archives: France
Fabrizio del Wrongo writes: The cool beauty known as Sylvie Dessartre appeared in a number of French erotic films of the late 1970s. As the images below attest, she also posed for cheesecake photos. That’s all I know. Her comportment … Continue reading
When I was a student in France — a long, long time ago — I was amazed at how much time the French spent à table. Then, when I returned to the States, I was amazed by how prone Americans … Continue reading
Fabrizio del Wrongo writes: By this time it was about midnight. One of her servants, waiting with her pelisse, went down to order her carriage. On her way home she fell naturally enough to musing over M. de Montriveau’s prediction. … Continue reading
Paleo Retiree writes: Six short episodes, which my wife and I watched on Netflix. The show’s writer/producer/host, Roy Mears, is smart, articulate and enthusiastic in a goofy-naturalist kind of way, picking up rocks and smelling tree branches and saying “Wonderful, … Continue reading
Fabrizio del Wrongo writes: “Band of Outsiders” is, I think, the tenderest of the great Godard films. It’s also, with the exception of “Breathless,” the one that looms largest in the public consciousness: The scenes showing Karina, Frey, and Brasseur … Continue reading
Eddie Pensier writes: I tried this Breton whisky for patriotism’s sake this past Bastille Day. Somewhat to my surprise, it was absolutely sensational. Rich smoky-leathery nose caused raised eyebrows: this is no fleur délicat here. The main palate note is … Continue reading