Linkathon

Onetime media flunky and movie buff and very glad to have left that mess behind. Formerly Michael Blowhard of the cultureblog 2Blowhards.com. Now a rootless parasite and bon vivant on a quest to find the perfectly-crafted artisanal cocktail.
This entry was posted in Architecture, Books Publishing and Writing, Photography, Sex and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Linkathon

1. dearieme says:

The answer to the EU pension boondoggle is for the UK to leave so that Germany will be effectively alone in funding the nonsense. If that means that British eurocrats are left pensionless, that’s OK by me.

2. Gavin says:

Ah, Lee Miller. Thanks for that reminder.

3. Toddy cat says:

Newsweek is still published?!?

4. Blowhard, Esq. says:

I’m reading the new Paglia book on visual art and while she attacks the decadence of contemporary painting and sculpture, she’s pretty silent on contemporary architecture.

• Fabrizio del Wrongo says:

In her recent piece on the essentialness of industrial arts, she praises guys like Gehry. Or am I remembering that wrong?

I like Paglia a lot. But I’ve never really loved her as an art critic. I like her more when she’s talking about culture in general.

• In a couple of pieces/interviews I’ve read recently she’s surprisingly impressed by contempo architecture. I suspect that what’s going on is that she’s wowed by the visuals and the engineering stunts. I don’t think she’s wrong to feel that way, I just think she’s missing the point that it’s architecture, not design. It’s more important how these things and places behave than it is how they look. But a huge fan of hers generally. What a force for the good!