Paleo Retiree writes:
- This Kevin Lamb mini-memoir of life at Newsweek parallels my own experience at the magazine almost exactly.
- Steve Sailer wants to know, how real is “stereotype threat”?
- Wheat has changed a lot since the 1960s. Paleo/Primal guru Mark Sisson explains why the changes have been for the worse.
- Will S. notices that the PC crowd now has Halloween in its sights.
- What becomes of a piano?
- A helpful overview of the contemporary state of secession movements and sentiments in Europe.
- An interesting interview about food and markets with Kara Newman. Good quote: “What’s important about shopping at farmers markets is that, to a degree, it allows people to opt out of the pricing set by commodities markets.”
- I find false crime claims — false rape claims, false hate-crime claims — fascinating. A juicy one has just turned up.
The idea that Scotland (for instance) could become independent by leaving the UK but remaining in the EU is self-contradictory. Independence would have to mean leaving both.
Thanks for the linkage, PR!
BTW, they’re back at war with Halloween again this year: