Paleo Retiree writes:
- Foseti enjoys a fellow reactionary’s book about cocktails and drinking.
- Supercommenter Jason Malloy is now stashing links here. Link thanks to Steve Sailer.
- Steve has some brainily ambivalent things to say about Quentin Tarantino, here and here.
- Agnostic celebrates “the ditz,” a sweet female archetype that he reports has all but disappeared from American pop culture.
- Nathan Lewis shares a lot of excellent ideas (and links) about how to escape from “suburban hell.” Lewis is also the author of a book about gold and the gold standard that I enjoyed a lot.
- A quick but supersmart appreciation of a legendarily erotic Hokusai print by Lloyd Fonvielle.
- Slumlord sets off a wild commentsthread with a posting deploring the new American man-boy.
- Fact Du Jour: “There is very little evidence that raising self-esteem leads to tangible, positive outcomes.” Yet we’ve devoted untold amounts of money, time and effort to nurturing self-esteem in kids. Why?