Blowhard, Esq. writes:
- “Victimization Pokemon Points” is definitely a phrase I’ll be stealing.
- Nerds worry about nonexistent crap, wonder why non-nerds don’t worry too.
- Because nothing is more important than making sure poor kids have sufficient reverence for one of the main institutions of our elites.
- Lloyd doesn’t care much for the new(ish) Scorsese, but he does like the new Linklater.
- Grim Fandango, one of my favorite computer games as a kid, has just been refurbished and ported to modern machines. I think my love of art deco started with that game.
- Almost weekly on reddit someone posts something like, “Gee, I really want to but I just can’t get into reading. What should I do?” After making a suggestion or two, I add that reading and books aren’t for everyone, that there are about 5,000 other excellent hobbies and ways to pass the time.
- All of these would be a lot better with more blindingly white precast concrete.
- A day in the life of a token white guy in a Chinese movie.
- Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Len Dawson takes a breather during halftime of the first Superbowl, 1967.