Blowhard, Esq. writes:
- Behind every SJW is a rent-seeker. Two examples: 1) NY comedy festival will charge straight white men more to attend and 2) a book critic pledges that she will no longer review books by men.
- The WTC Transport Hub’s owners know it’s a dud. Paleo Retiree and I wrote about our reactions to the site here and here.
- Someone wants to turn the sets from “The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari” into a ski lodge. But hey, it’s “sustainable,” so all aesthetic crimes must be forgiven.
- What “modernity” used to mean: photos from the 1889 Paris Exposition Universelle.
- The German court paintings of Anton von Werner.
- Considered the first bossa nova song, Gilberto was inspired by the hip swaying of laundresses balancing baskets on their heads.