Paleo Retiree writes:
Will the Alt Right ever again experience a week like the one just passed, or are its visibility and influence going to continue growing? Whatever the case, it’s certainly been interesting watching the mainstream start to take note. Hey, a telling fact from the L.A. Times: “Key Alt-Right websites the American Renaissance and VDARE … both received more web visits last November than Dissent and Ms. The National Policy Institute and its Radix Journal together had many more visits than the neoconservative policy journal National Affairs.”
- Alt Right inspiration Steve Sailer was at his most droll and incisive.
- The Alt Right isn’t minding the attention the attention that Hillary’s anti Alt Right speech has steered their way.
- A Jew declares his allegiance to the Alt Right.
- Are Alt Righters the “cool kids” of the Right?
- Slate plays catchup.
- Jared Rizzi talks to Jared Taylor about Hillary’s speech.
- How the SPLC sees the Alt Right.
- Even The Guardian has taken note.
- Of the mainstream people trying to make sense of the Alt Right, David Weigel strikes me as by far the most well-informed and least demented.
Of the mainstream people trying to make sense of the Alt Right, David Weigel strikes me as by far the most well-informed and least demented.
Agreed. He has read Sailer and others and tries to relay their actual perspective, whereas the typical journalist, when writing about the alt-right, will just copy-paste from the SPLC site or the like. Bizarrely, certain alt-right figures have reacted to Weigel’s decency by viciously attacking him.
“Bizarrely, certain alt-right figures have reacted to Weigel’s decency by viciously attacking him.”
Doesn’t seem so bizarre to me. I’m no fan of the alt-right, right from the get-go when I thought Moldbug was full of shit on his 2Blowhards comments.