Paleo Retiree writes:
- James Kunstler: “The Deep State is determined to drive Trump from office.”
- Thomas E. Patterson, professor of government and media at Harvard: “Trump’s coverage during his first 100 days set a new standard for negativity. Of news reports with a clear tone, negative reports outpaced positive ones by 80 percent to 20 percent. Trump’s coverage was unsparing. In no week did the coverage drop below 70 percent negative and it reached 90 percent negative at its peak.”
- Camille Paglia: “I am appalled at the behavior of the media. It’s the collapse of journalism.”
- James Downton: “It’s nearly incontrovertible that a slow-motion coup d’état is now taking place.”
- John Steele Gordon: We’re seeing a “deliberate attempt by the Washington establishment—journalists, Democrats, and some Republicans—to delegitimize the presidency of Donald Trump and to render him incapable of governing.”
Donald Trump is personally incapable of governing. He has expressed his dislike for the legislative process. That is why he has attempted to govern through executive orders. The Democrats, being the minority party, can’t stop him from doing anything. They couldn’t stop Gorsuch’s appointment to the Supreme Court. The Republican’s certainly aren’t trying to stop him. The confirmed Gorsuch, repealed Obamacare, and are working to rescind healthy, safety and environmental regulations.
As for the negativity of press coverage, the explanation is quite simple. If someone repeatedly acts and speaks in an appaling manner, all one has to do to appear negative is to accurately report that person’s actions.