Paleo Retiree writes:
- Stop building residential towers!
- Martin Von Creveld takes a look back at the prescient Enoch Powell.
- “Berlin is lost.”
- Some Dems are finally trying to find their way out of the corner they’ve painted themselves into. Will they succeed?
- Is the Trump/Russia narrative that CNN has been promoting total bullshit? Or just mostly bullshit? More.
- Does Black Lives Matter speak for all black people?
- Are liberals dying out? More.
- What kind of contributions are wind turbines really making to the world’s energy supply?
- Hard to know who to root for. Transpeople vs. feminists is one of the more entertaining current shitshows, IMHO. I wonder how it’ll eventually sort itself out.
- A localist toasts microbrews.
- Critic Kevin Courier is smart and perceptive about autobiographies by Gene Wilder and Goldie Hawn.
- Not my type but I do like her spirit.
- An interesting report from the, er, trenches.
- Listen to a beautiful performance on the only surviving and playable Stradivarius guitar. More.
- The 100 greatest metal albums.
Another day, another new acronym to learn: TERF (Trans-Exclusionary Radical Feminist). Oh boy. I mean, oh…non-binary human?
It’s this kind of thing that’s souring me on the left. I honestly don’t think I’m getting more conservative, it’s the trend of ever-more granularity in identity politics that is moving the goalposts.
Hello from Berlin, which isn’t lost. At all. The clans described in your link exist, and they are a problem. One of the articles linked to in the link says they control portions of the drug and prostitutions markets in Berlin, which may well be true. But they do not control the boroughs mentioned in any meaningful sense of the word. All those Spanish tourists, on the other hand . . .