Paleo Retiree writes:
- It could happen to you.
- “Sure, there are still people coming up with ideas to solve old problems, but most of what is called economic activity is just organized theft.”
- Bu-bu-but … Upbringing and environment are everything!!!
- What’s the real reason Sears is dying?
- Since 2001, the U.S. has spent $5.9 trillion dollars on war.
- Is everyone who works in upper management at Facebook an asshole?
- The body-positivity generations don’t like shopping at Victoria’s Secret.
- Micro-theory of the week: Maybe when everything is permitted, people will just tend to lose interest.
- Is national populism here for the long run?
- The free-speech situation on campuses is even worse than it’s been made out to be.
- You’ll be stunned, stunned to learn that this photo spread “challenges the traditional ideas of men’s fashion.”
- R.I.P., William Goldman.
- Headlines I never thought I’d read, an ongoing series.
In re: the first link — back in the 1950s, you could lose your job for being a communist or a socialist. The left was mighty worried about this situation. But by the end of the next decade, communist and socialist ideas were sweeping the culture, especially academia. Today, the left rules some of the most powerful forces in society, and people like Bernie Sanders are viable presidential candidates.
I think one just needs to bide one’s time.
“Is everyone who works in upper management at Facebook an asshole?”
Yes, as are a sizable percentage of its workforce in general.