Blowhard, Esq. writes:
- Women are perfectly OK with sexism that benefits them.
- Do carbs cause Alzheimer’s? Nice to see another segment of the mainstream coming around on this issue. I remember Dr. Oz giving Gary Taubes a hard time a few years ago.
- Tumblr of the Day. AellaGirl’s reddit page, and her Twitter. An example of her art. (All of these links are NSFW.)
- Police in full-body armor search a house under a warrant based on a 1986 arrest and in the process seize a reporter’s confidential files. Assuming those facts are true, please explain to me how those are not the actions of a police state. (H/T Glynn Marshes)
- Apocalypse in New York.
- Aerial views of old London.
- “Other animals chew the cord off shortly after birth, but as a vegan, this option did not appeal to me.” Every day, it gets harder to tell the parodists from the sincere.
- “The chief outlet for our aesthetic interests is not ‘art’ (as museum curators suppose) but: cars, fashion, porn, and interior design.” — Alain de Botton, on Twitter.
- This has to be one of the great Halloween costumes of all time.