Paleo Retiree writes:
- The contempo left vs. evolution.
- On today’s campus, there can evidently be no such thing as an overemphasis on diversity.
- Hate hoax du jour.
- Oh, okay: here’s another one. These days, hate hoaxes seem to be everywhere.
- A small Louisiana school has had a rep for placing black students in upscale colleges. Is the rep too good to be true?
- Steve Sailer’s response. His commenters are always worth skimming through too.
- An in-depth, multipart look at the case of child-abusing multimillionaire (and friend of Clinton and Trump) Jeffrey Epstein. How on earth did he get off with such a light sentence?
- An informative look at some of the unlikely people who transformed finance back in the ’80s and ’90s.
- Where simply getting things done goes, Fred Reed thinks that the Chinese are currently ‘way more impressive than the U.S. is.
- Heartiste sez: Welcome to the police state.
- A gay NYC Trump supporter who (with his husband) was profiled in the NYTimes offers his response (as well as a lot of corrections).
- It’s simply a fact that jazz instrumentalists are largely male while jazz vocalists are largely female. But is this a really a problem??
- Where dealing with trans issues goes, why on earth are we experimenting on children?
- Razib reviews Plonim! I just picked up my own copy of Plonim’s book.
- This amazing new gizmo is going to be hard for me to resist splurging on. But what are the chances I’ll use it more than once …?
- What’s your Intersectionality Score? (I got an 8.)
- Cutest pop choreography ever?
I do hate you for this list. Trevin Wax does Trevin’s Seven on Fridays. Adds a couple dozen items to my reading list in two posts.
“What’s your Intersectionality Score? (I got an 8.)”
I got a 9. Interestingly, if I change nothing else about me but claim I’m a person of color, my score goes to a 37. I guess that’s something like how college admissions work.