@ Uncouth Reflections
- Our NSFW Tumblr blog
- plwinkler on Weekend Linkage
- jjbees on Notes on “First Reformed”
- JV on Notes on “First Reformed”
- peterike on Weekend Linkage
- peterike on Is it Showtime?
- JV on Notes on “The Birds”
- fenster on Is it Showtime?
- bluecat57 on Is it Showtime?
- Is it Showtime? | Uncouth Reflections on Wonton Speculation
- bluecat57 on Weekend Linkage
- Prof. Woland on Notes on “The Birds”
- Hugh Mann on Weekend Linkage
- Hugh Mann on Tourism Bah Humbug
- Brian Gardam on Tourism Bah Humbug
- Charles Littlewood on Weekend Linkage
Tag Archives: Elmore Leonard
Blowhard, Esq. writes: Browsing my Facebook feed the past few days, I’ve been astonished at the amount of hysterical, sloppy thinking I’ve seen from many of my otherwise smart friends. How you can see a (likely gay) Muslim man shoot up … Continue reading
Blowhard, Esq. writes: In Benson, Ruben Vega had to find the right church first, St. John the Apostle, then had to lie to the priest to get him to come from the priest house to the church to hear his confession. … Continue reading
Blowhard, Esq. writes: If you’re a regular visitor here, you’ve probably seen one of us mention friend-of-the-blog Lloyd Fonvielle before. I met Lloyd about a year and a half ago on Facebook where he’s a lively and generous presence. We struck … Continue reading
Blowhard, Esq. writes: This summer I read two wonderful novels, Hombre and Valdez is Coming, early Westerns written by the masterful Elmore Leonard. After finishing those books I decided it was time to tackle one of the Big Kahunas of the last … Continue reading
Blowhard, Esq. writes: In a recent NYT interview of Michael Chabon for the Book section, the following exchange took place: You can suggest three books to a literary snob who believes genre fiction has no merit. What’s on the list? … Continue reading