@ Uncouth Reflections
- Our NSFW Tumblr blog
- Damn Yankees
- Note to B—-: Science and Religion
- Watching Freedom of Speech Speed Atrophy in Real Time
- SCENES WE’D LIKE TO SEE*
- Note to K—-, on the morning of January 6
- Notes on Barbara and Night Train to Lisbon
- Is Culture Stuck?
- You Can Never Be Too Thin, Too Rich or Too Woke
- Notes on Fargo
- Boomers Won’t Go Away, Part XXV
- Why I’ve Seen “Since You Went Away” Umpteen Times – Taking Up Room on “Since You Went Away,” a Culture’s Dreams, and the Agee-DOS Dosado
- Brian on Naked Lady of the Week: Roberta Pedon
- Fenster on Damn Yankees
- Epaminondas on Damn Yankees
- thurston n aiken on Naked Lady of the Week: Anamika
- fenster on Our New Gizmo
- Fabio on Our New Gizmo
- Wayland on Naked Lady of the Week: Lindsey Marshal
- Blowhard, Esq. on Thom Mayne Must Be Stopped
- Dave on Crusader Follies: Peter Bartholomew and the Holy Lance
- MEH 0910 on Note to B—-: Science and Religion
- Dain Fitzgerald on Note to B—-: Science and Religion
- Calvin Hobbes on Note to B—-: Science and Religion
- Charlotte Verdini on Thom Mayne Must Be Stopped
- teageegeepea on Notes on Fargo
Tag Archives: medieval art
Blowhard, Esq. writes: The “Mouth of Hell” from a Book of Hours owned by Catherine of Cleves, c.1440. Via Europe’s History. More about the book here.
Eddie Pensier writes: “Strength” from the Visconti-Sforza tarot, c.1442-1447.
Blowhard, Esq. writes: One of my favorite places during my New York City trip last month was The Cloisters, a medieval art museum run by the The Met located in northern Manhattan. Nestled in a sprawling park that abuts Washington Heights … Continue reading
Blowhard, Esq. writes: Saint Michael, Northern Spain, ca. 1460-1490. Original here. Click on the image to enlarge.
Blowhard, Esq. writes: A page from the Book of Kells. Click on the image to enlarge.
Blowhard, Esq. writes: Click on the image to enlarge. The mid-13th century stained glass windows of Sainte-Chapelle in Paris, France.