Paleo Retiree writes:
- A terrific overview of the U.S.’s history (and challenges) with immigration. One-stop reading for those who want to get up to speed quickly on the topic.
- The sad tale of Bodli Joensen, a Danish porn performer who was known, with good reason, as the “boar girl.”
- Matt Forney — once known, loved and reviled as In Mala Fide’s “Ferdinand Bardamu” — takes a second look at “Irreversible.“
- Has conservatism failed?
- Secession news du jour.
- Most revealing red-carpet dress ever?
- At least where online dating goes, are whites the least “racist” of all the racial groups?
- Will Israel go fascist?
- Steve Sailer’s take on Obama strikes me as a very sensible one.
- Will S. shares some great photos from the World Beard Championship.
- The clear-eyed and witty Sasha Castel offers the ladies some guidelines on how to be a good mistress. Why don’t more women know how to play the game?
- Gore Vidal, who never went to college and always claimed to despise academics and professors, left all his money to Harvard.
- More on Gore.
Thanks for the link 🙂
“Irreversible”, for all its desperate efforts to be shocking and radical, was just boring. The infamous rape scene was not merely gratuitous (although it was). I can just imagine Noë behind the camera, thinking to himself gleefully, “Hey nobody’s ever shown a FIVE MINUTE rape scene on film before! Hey, if five is horrifying, won’t six be worse? How about seven? Let’s go for eight! Nine! That is, like, the WORST. RAPE. EVER.” I think the people who either loved or loathed the movie, invested emotions in it that it didn’t deserve. It manipulates us to react instinctively (Rape-BAD! Beating a gay man with a fire extinguisher-BAD!) without telling us why we should give two shits. Without context and proper storytelling, it’s porn, and not even good porn. (This is basically the same reason I hate almost every Lars von Trier movie.)
Naked Monica Bellucci makes up for a lot though.
>>Naked Monica Bellucci makes up for a lot though.
Truer words have never been spoken or written.
And she’s single! Have at it, single fellows! 😀