Paleo Retiree writes:
- Some eloquent praise for Nicolas (“Don’t Look Now“) Roeg from the very gifted Bernard (“Candyman“) Rose. I recently caught up with Roeg’s 2006 “Puffball: The Devil’s Eyeball” and enjoyed it a lot.
- Who was Sue Mengers? Stay tuned: You’ll soon be finding out a lot more about her right here at UR.
- When science becomes someone’s religion.
- Should the world’s few remaining uncontacted tribes be left alone?
- Are happiness and self-esteem overrated?
- Do New York City’s most celebrated restaurants deserve the praise they’ve received?
- Perhaps addiction isn’t a disease after all.
- A nice appreciation of Christopher Lasch, who was a big, hard-to-categorize intellectual figure from the ’70s through the 1990s, and who was an interesting mixture of leftie and rightie.
- Don’t forget to visit our NSFW Tumblr blog, where we share some of the nutty things that get our pulses racing.