Blowhard, Esq. writes:
- Another progressive whiteknight, who appears to know nothing about jazz history, “defends” jazz from white saviors. I loved LA LA LAND and I love even more how it’s driving all the right people crazy.
- The New Yorker accuses Breitbart journalist Julia Hahn of “writing some of the most aggressive, white nationalist stuff on the site” without bothering to link to a single example. Here’s Hahn’s archive right here. Does any of it strike you as aggressive? If so, what’s the strongest evidence of her white nationalism?
- Speaking of assertions without evidence, A.O. Scott calls a new documentary about James Baldwin “life-altering” without telling us a single aspect of his life that it supposedly altered.
- I never tire of the progressive circular firing squad.
- This might be the most bizarre hobby I’ve ever heard of.
- Architecture Du Jour: Carcassonne, France.