Blowhard, Esq. writes:
- How Japan keeps Muslims at arm’s length.
- A short interview with Nassim Taleb. (H/T Paleo Retiree)
- The Cathedral begins the smearing of Ed Snowden.
- 25 Things to Know About Sexism & Misogyny in Publishing. The incoherence is telling. What exactly is he upset about? The fact that guys hits on girls? (Point #9) Sexy book covers? (Points #10, 11, 12) That there aren’t enough women in publishing? (Points #4, 18) That people aren’t nice enough to each other? (Points #5, 6, 23, 24, 25) Honestly, though, my first thought after reading this was, “I wish people got this worked up about the financial crisis.” But I guess the point is to signal to his readership that he Really Cares A Lot.
- VICE profiles Law Enforcement Against Prohibition. Key quote: “Right, and whenever I’m speaking at a Rotary Club or a Lion’s Club, and I ask the same question, not a hand goes up – nobody. I say, then let’s be honest. There will never be a drug-free America. Drugs are always going to be a part of our culture. So, the question becomes: Who do you want to control the marketplace – gangsters, thugs, and terrorists, or licensed businesspeople with regulation and control? That’s the only discussion we can have, and it’s the one we’re not having.”
- A portrait of an optimist: